Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Great quote from Fresh Wind Fresh Fire

I've been reading an amazing book by Jim Cymbala, pastor of the Brooklyn Tabernacle, called Fresh Wind Fresh Fire.

A minister from Austrailia or New Zealand (he couldn't remember) was visiting the tiny church when it was in its infancy and went to the front to make just one comment.

"You can tell how popular a church is by who comes on Sunday morning."
"You can tell how popular the pastor or evangelist is by who comes on Sunday night."
"You can tell how popular Jesus is by who comes to the prayer meeing."

3 comments:

lorie said...

GASP!!! When did you decide to start blogging again?!?!?!?!?!

lorie said...

Oh! And I LOVE THE TITLE!!!

Anonymous said...

L,
I set it up many months ago...I want to start writing again (outside my journal).
We'll see how it goes.
Thanks for visiting. =)